Green Corner is a site operated by Clean Mani to help residents and local businesses to recycle. It is located on the main Kalamata – Areopolis road between Stoupa and Agios Nikolaos. Please bring along your recyclables and we will help teach you about how you can recycle them correctly.
Summer Opening Times
|09:00 to 12:00||17:00 to 20:00||09:00 to 12:00|
- Waste is only created when we mix recyclable and organic materials.
- Recyclables are packaging materials (glass, aluminium, paper, etc).
- Organics are the remains of food and products of plant origin (fruit, peel, vegetables, etc).
- Have separate containers (boxes or bags) for recyclables and organics.
- Put organics in the garden – in the composter or give them to animals. Νever put organics in the recycling containers.
- Put recyclables – clean and compressed – in the recycling containers and take them to Green Corner during its opening hours.
- Never leave bags, boxes or containers at the gates to Green Corner.
What Can Be Recycled At Green Corner
Metals – Clean and Flattened
Plastics – Clean
Glass, Cardboard, Polystyrene
Green Corner is open three days a week during the summer. There are always three volunteers on site – a Greek speaker, an English speaker and one other. It’s a great place to meet new people, to learn about the community and to learn about recycling.
We are always looking for new volunteers both to help out at Green Corner and for Clean Mani activities in general. So if you are interested then we would love to speak to you.
- Sophia Christophilopoulou (Greek) by email at email@example.com or by phone on 6977779314.
- Peter Rollet (English) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 698-642-7089.